DLH is committed to demonstrating our company values in everything we do. We are always striving to attain the highest level of responsible citizenship as an industry leader in the Federal health and human services market. Acting on this pledge is essential to business growth, sustainability, and maintaining the respect of our stakeholders worldwide.
As a responsible corporate citizen, we actively contribute to advancing the quality of life in the communities where we live and work through our giving program, DLH Cares. We currently support active duty military Service Members, Veterans, underserved children and families, and other at-risk populations.
Since the program’s inception, we have collaborated with numerous agencies whose missions closely align with our own. Past and present initiatives DLH Cares have supported through volunteerism and contributions include:
National Window of Service
Each year, DLH employees across the nation participate in our annual National Window of Service (NWS) volunteer campaign. During this campaign, DLH employees contribute, volunteer, and serve in a variety of ways to honor and give back to our Veterans in the communities in which they work.
NWS kicks off on Patriot Day (September 11) and continues through Veterans Day (November 11). We offer this “Call to Duty” to all of our worksites and remote employees to get involved in a local initiative to help heal, house, and hire Veterans. The DLH Cares team leads all NWS efforts, diligently planning activities that align with our initiatives to benefit Veterans and Service Members, underserved children, families, and their communities, and other at-risk populations.
Each year during our NWS, we provide a list of volunteer opportunities. We encourage staff to visit this page during the NWS to review and register for events that may be of interest.
2020 National Window of Service
While the COVID-19 pandemic has changed some of the ways in which we are able to make an impact this year, the current public health moment has served as a stark reminder of the fragile health and housing conditions far too many members of our communities find themselves in on a daily basis. With service more important than ever, DLH Cares has found exciting, socially distant ways to get involved. Here are a few examples:
- DLH team members marked the start of the virtual and in-person school year by pitching in to provide school supplies to Hearts & Homes for Youth, a Maryland-based non-profit dedicated to empowering young people who have experienced abuse, neglect, and other forms of trauma.
- Since 2004, we have participated in the Light the Night (LTN) Walks sponsored by the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS). While this year’s event will be virtual, DLH employees will be participating and contributing, same as ever. Click this link to join the team!
- The 34th Walk/Run to End HIV to support Whitman-Walker Health will be held virtually on Saturday, October 24th, and DLH will be participating in force. The walk directly benefits Whitman-Walker Health, a non-profit, community-based provider of health care in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. Click here to learn more and join the DLH team.
- DLH employees in Chattanooga, Tennessee participated in a virtual walk for the Wounded Warrior Project, and collected donations totaling $1,175!
- DLH team members based in Augusta, GA are involved in a food drive to benefit organizations that serve underprivileged members of the community. Event organizers are well on their way to their goal of collecting 1000 pounds of non-perishable food!
Previous National Windows of Service
Charitable Gift Matching Program
DLH has made it a focus to shine a light on the inequalities in our society, and matters of social justice in the workplace. In an effort to drive real change, we established a charitable gift matching program, whereby DLH matches employees’ charitable contributions to the NAACP Legal Defense Fund and Equal Justice Initiative.
Collectively, we can drive positive change and make a difference. Let’s do our part.