DLH is committed to demonstrating our company values in everything we do. We are always striving to attain the highest level of responsible citizenship as an industry leader in the Federal health and human services market. Acting on this pledge is essential to business growth, sustainability, and maintaining the respect of our stakeholders worldwide.
As a responsible corporate citizen, we actively contribute to advancing the quality of life in the communities where we live and work through our giving program, DLH Cares. We currently support active duty military Service Members, Veterans, underserved children and families, and other at-risk populations.
Since the program’s inception, we have collaborated with numerous agencies whose missions closely align with our own. Past and present initiatives DLH Cares have supported through volunteerism and contributions include:
- DOVE Transplant – Living Kidney Donation for Veterans
- Collection for Veterans in Leavenworth
- Kansas Vettes to Vets in Bedford
- Massachusetts Bingo for Veterans in Dallas
- Texas Veterans Affairs Carnival at Alvin York Medical Center in Murfreesboro, Tennessee
- Veterans Walk on in Murfreesboro
- Tennessee Bright Beginnings Holiday Giving in Silver Spring, Maryland
- Heroes for Hotdogs Festival in Atlanta, Georgia
- Veterans Empowerment Organization (VEO)
- VEO Clothing Drive in Atlanta, Georgia
- VEO Stand Down in Atlanta, Georgia
- VEO Stand Down Charleston, South Carolina
- Hero Health Hire
- Hope for the Warriors
National Window of Service
Each year, DLH employees across the nation participate in our annual National Window of Service (NWS) volunteer campaign. During this campaign, DLH employees contribute, volunteer, and serve in a variety of ways to honor and give back to our Veterans in the communities in which they work.
NWS kicks off on Patriot Day (September 11) and continues through Veterans Day (November 11). We offer this “Call to Duty” to all of our worksites and remote employees to get involved in a local initiative to help heal, house, and hire Veterans. The DLH Cares team leads all NWS efforts, diligently planning activities that align with our initiatives to benefit Veterans and Service Members, underserved children, families, and their communities, and other at-risk populations.
Each year during our NWS, we provide a list of volunteer opportunities. We encourage staff to visit this page during the NWS to review and register for events that may be of interest.
2020 National Window of Service
While the COVID-19 pandemic has changed some of the ways in which we are able to make an impact this year, the current public health moment has served as a stark reminder of the fragile health and housing conditions far too many members of our communities find themselves in on a daily basis. With service more important than ever, DLH Cares has found exciting, socially distant ways to get involved. Here are a few examples:
- DLH team members marked the start of the virtual and in-person school year by pitching in to provide school supplies to Hearts & Homes for Youth, a Maryland-based non-profit dedicated to empowering young people who have experienced abuse, neglect, and other forms of trauma.
- Since 2004, we have participated in the Light the Night (LTN) Walks sponsored by the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS). While this year’s event will be virtual, DLH employees will be participating and contributing, same as ever. Click this link to join the team!
- The 34th Walk/Run to End HIV to support Whitman-Walker Health will be held virtually on Saturday, October 24th, and DLH will be participating in force. The walk directly benefits Whitman-Walker Health, a non-profit, community-based provider of health care in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. Click here to learn more and join the DLH team.
- DLH employees in Chattanooga, Tennessee participated in a virtual walk for the Wounded Warrior Project, and collected donations totaling $1,175!
- DLH team members based in Augusta, GA are involved in a food drive to benefit organizations that serve underprivileged members of the community. Event organizers are well on their way to their goal of collecting 1000 pounds of non-perishable food!
Previous National Windows of Service
2019 National Window of Service
2018 National Window of Service
2017 National Window of Service
Click on any of the stars in the following map to read more about the amazing work our volunteers did during our 2017 service events.
2016 National Window of Service
Click on any of the stars in the following map to read more about the amazing work our volunteers did during our 2016 service events.
2015 National Window of Service
In 2015, we made an impact totaling nearly $100,000, including donated items, sponsored events, and volunteer hours. Check out a recap of our 2015 Window of Service events.
Download the 2015 National Window of Service commemorative booklet here.
2014 National Window of Service
DLH employees, family, and friends volunteered and served in a variety of volunteer events and donation drives. DLH is proud to say that our staff gave more than 800 volunteer hours in service to veterans. We have compiled a collection of photographs and highlights of the window of service events.
Download the 2014 National Window of Service commemorative booklet here